The recommended dose of phentermine capsules for weight loss is 15 mg, 30 mg, or 37.5 mg once daily in the morning. For phentermine tablets, the recommended dosage is 18.75 mg (half a tablet) or 37.5 mg (one tablet) once daily in the morning. If necessary, the doc may recommend taking half a tablet twice a day to control the appetite, although this increases the risk of insomnia.
Considerations for people taking phentermine include the following:
* Phentermine comes in tablet and capsule form. It is usually taken by mouth once daily, although some people may need to take it twice a day.
* The dose should be taken either before breakfast or one to two hours after breakfast, depending on the particular phentermine product.
* This medication should be combined with an appropriate diet. It is not meant to be used without dieting.
* Do not take phentermine more often or at higher doses than prescribed, as this can lead to addiction or dependence.
* For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
It is not recommended to increase or decrease the dosage before speaking to the doc/pharmacist who has prescribed the med, hope this helps? .
- Phentermine Information for Consumers
- Phentermine Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Phentermine (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 16 Jul 2009 • 1 answer
Posted 18 Apr 2012 • 1 answer
Posted 22 Apr 2013 • 2 answers
Posted 2 Dec 2014 • 1 answer
Posted 25 Jun 2015 • 1 answer