Will I fail a drug test while I'm on phenterimine?

Anonymous 2 Sep 2010

Hello

This medication is an appetite suppressant of the amphetamine and phenethylamine class so yes you will fail the test depending on when was the last pill you took and when you are being tested.-

It ususally takes 3 to 4 days for amphetamines to be completely out of your system (blood & urine), but if it is a hair folecule test it shows everything one has comsumed for the past six months.-

Take care.-

christineATU 3 Sep 2010

Hi Maso. Could you please clarify something for me? I thought the folicle test depended on the length of hair they collect. The longer the hair sample, the farther back they could test as the chemicals are throughout the hair shaft as well as the bulb? I had also heard if a hair sample can not be collected due to shaving, it is considered a failed test. Have you heard this? Could you provide any further info? No hurry. Just for my own curiosity... no pc yet. Still using mobile version. Thank you my friend. And I agree with you 100% on this answer! Thank you Maso

Anonymous 3 Sep 2010

My dearest Chris, the length has nothing to do with it, when I had mine taken they took the hair samples from my arm pits, so again the length is not relevant, the substances still remain , no matter if the day before you get a hair cut, very , but I mean very short, it is still the same, because is in the blood.- And it is a very sophisticated test, shows up to six months of compsumption of any drug.-( by the way expensive too).-

I hope this clarifies it.-

Take care

Anonymous 3 Sep 2010

Forgot to say you are welcome Chris!

i went to a medical weight loss place. they gave me phentermine with no prescription. turns out, the dr was an illigal alien... they place got shut down. you can tell them you were a part of some sort of place like this if they have one near you. if you dont have a prescription, this is the best excuse i could come up with for you if you fail.

christineATU 3 Sep 2010

Thank you Maso. My daughter had applied for a management position within a company. She was supposed to have the regular urinalysis. But they did the hair folicle test (mistakenly) She has extremely long hair and was worried opiates would show up even though she had quit at least 9 months prior. She said if she had known, she would have cut her hair. But that wouldn't have mattered. Thanks for the info! And by the way, she got the job.

Anonymous 3 Sep 2010

You are welcome Chris, the test , as far as I know only shows up for the past six months (here in Chile).-

Hair sample drug testing can detect all of the major types of drugs, including marijuana, opiates, methamphetamines, PCP, ecstasy, and cocaine. Hair follicle drug testing can detect the trace amounts of illicit substances trapped in the cortex of the hair for up to 90 days after use.

Take care and my best wishes to your daughter.-

needsumanswers 7 Sep 2010

I just wanted to add that yesterday I dealt with my first UA problem with any drug, I tested positive for METHamphetimine but not AMphetimine. I also told my Dr., who is a friend that knows I have NEVER used anything illegal, about my nose spray, 4-way. Apparently there is that exception to the false positive, plus I assumed it would show up in both yet he explained the tests are really sensitive now and give you the exact drug, not just the larger class, which still doesn't make sense to me. I take Percocet yet it showed up as Oxycodone and Opiates. SO... I'm gonna have to do more research on false positives and classes in general I guess. Hope this helps with the phenethylamine. (P.S.. I am barely 5 foot, 115lbs, my wieght was 130 pregnant at 25(40 now) but I've maintained my size out of luck I suppose but I am always hungry, yet I use this nose spray ALOT. So I wouldn't advise buying 4-Way to loose your appitite... to those viewers with strange thoughts :)