I've been using several different opiates for the past 2 years, and I'm ready to quit. Initially I was prescribed vicodin for back pain, but I eventually began buying any opiate pills I could get my hands on, off the street. I'm at a point where I feel like my life is becoming consumed with finding the pills, scheduling my life around my supply, and going through excruciating withdrawal when I run out. I've become very dependent on these pills (oxycontin, vicodin, and norco depending on what's availble) Anyway, I finally went to a treatment center, and have decided to begin suboxone in 3 days. I'm aware of the fact that many people consider sub treatment a replacement of 1 addiction with another, but at this point, I'm willing to try just about anything to stop buying and using these pills off the street. I quit taking oxy(about 60mg a day) and norco for a week, and I became so depressed that I actually considered suicide. Needless to say, this scared the hell out of me, and I went to the treatment center the next day.

Sorry to ramble on like this, but I'm just looking for more info about suboxone from people who have used it before. Will I be able to function normally on this drug? Also, I work part time as a musician, and I was wondering if it will affect my creativity or motor skills that I need to perform. Any info or advice would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks for reading..God bless.