Flagyl is an antibiotic used to treat a variety of different infections. Regular (short-acting) Flagyl capsules and tablets are approved to treat the following:
* Trichomoniasis (a sexually transmitted infection caused by a parasite)
* Certain infections, such as amebic dysentery or amebic liver abscess, caused by ameba (a certain type of parasite)
* Various infections caused by anaerobic bacteria (bacteria that do not need oxygen to survive), including infections of the:
Abdomen; Skin; Blood; Bones or joints; Female reproductive tract; Central nervous system, including the brain - Lungs; Heart.
For bladder infections it is recommended to seek medical advice, take care & be well.
- Flagyl Information for Consumers
- Flagyl Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Flagyl (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 5 Apr 2010 • 3 answers
Posted 2 Dec 2010 • 1 answer
Posted 1 May 2013 • 3 answers
Posted 1 Sep 2013 • 1 answer
Posted 28 Jul 2016 • 1 answer