WILL 6mg OF SUBOXONE & 10mg OF AMBIEN CAUSE U TO HAVE SEVERE HEADACHES AFTER WAKING UP AND ALL DAY?

mitjason 9 Jan 2010

When I searched for those two medications in a Drug Interaction is stated that taking both of these drugs together can cause risk of CNS depression and Psycho-motor impairment. I also found that both medications can cause something called Headache disorder. So they could basically be making you have a terrible headache. It should go away with time but if it doesn't after a few weeks I would talk to you doctor about it and see what he or she thinks you should do. I hope this information helps. Good luck to you!

1PRINCESS 10 Jan 2010

TY FOR UR REPLY. I'VE BEEN TAKING SUBOXONE FOR 3 WKS & HAVE TAKEN AMBIEN 10mg ON & OFF. I ONLY HAVE THE SEVERE HEADACHES WHEN I TAKE THE AMBIEN. DO U HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS? THERE R TIMES THAT I'M UNABLE TO SLEEP... TY AGAIN FOR UR INFORMATIVE ANSWER... CAN U RESPOND TO THIS PLS???

oktoday 10 Jan 2010

Hi
I havent taken ambien in years but when i first started suboxone i got severe headaches for about three weeks and its a known side effect of it. i did look up ambien and it to can cause headaches. I would be curios how long you have been on both. Also you might want to hold off on the ambien for a couple of days if u can and see if you still get the headaches. My headaches were so severe on the subs that I almost stop taking them but they have subsided. Also r u on other meds that might be taken into considerartion. Good luck