My wife is pregnant (4 months running) but having abdominal pain continuously. what should I do?

Amhandin 3 Aug 2014

I advice you see your doctor as soon as possible,as continous abdominal pain in pregnancy is a sign of numerous pregnancy disorders,ectopic pregnancy beign one of them.For better diagnosis and follow-up care,see your doctor soon.

nirupam 9 Aug 2014

Last Thursday I took her to Doctor. Doctor told everything is fine now. Nothing to be worried. And thanks for your advice.

kaismama 3 Aug 2014

While braxton hicks contractions can hurt a little, continuous abdominal pain shouldn't be happening. I would get her to a dr asap. Speaking from experience, ectopic pregnancies are a severe pain, like no other. But she needs to see a dr.

nirupam 9 Aug 2014

ineedanewbody 3 Aug 2014

Nirupam, Please get her to a doctor asap!!! This can be any number of things maybe its nothing to be worried about, but its better to be safe than sorry. Is she having any kind of discharge, running a fever or any other symptoms? She really needs to see a doctor to be evaluated to be sure it could be ectopic which means the pregnancy implants somewhere other than the uterus. Good luck and I hope everything will be ok.

nirupam 9 Aug 2014