Why subscribe Cyclopentol for a viral eye infection?

Anonymous 2 Jul 2010

FIRST OF ALL I AM NOT A DOCTOR/OPHTHALMOLOGIST... OK

CYCLOPENTOLATE HYDROCHLORIDE SOLUTION - OPHTHALMIC

This medication is used before eye examinations (e.g. refraction exams). It belongs to a class of drugs known as anticholinergics. Cyclopentolate works by temporarily widening (dilating) the pupil of the eye and relaxing the muscles of the eye.
Cyclopentolate Opht is used to treat the following:

Paralysis of the Ciliary Muscle of the Eye, Dilated Pupil, Dilated Pupils Before or After Surgery

I truly do not why they would prescribe this med for a viral infection contact your OPHTHALMOLOGIST ASAP.

I WISH YOU THE BEST

Anonymous 3 Jul 2010

I found this, although I don't understand it;

Nummular keratopathy in a patient with Hyper-IgD Syndrome by CL Kraus - 2009 - Cited by 1 - Related articles
His ocular history was significant for multiple episodes of "eye inflammation" ... We prescribed topical prednisolone acetate and cyclopentol 1% to treat the ... His ocular irritation was initially attributed to viral conjunctivitis. ... ReviewContact lens-related Fusarium infection: case series experience in New ...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov › ... › Pediatr Rheumatol Online J › v.7; 2009