Why my Dr. prescribed seroquel if they are not sleeping pills? I take it before I go to bed?

itsmetoo2 8 Apr 2010

Are you not sleeping well? Nerves can do that to you. You doctor probably feels if he/she can control your nerves then you will sleep better.

christineATU 8 Apr 2010

Seroquel is an anti psychotic medication used to treat schizophrenia and major depression. Maybe I read the wrong information but it sounds as if you take it at bedtime because it may cause drowsiness? You should also be taking it the same time each day. If you look at the "Drugs A to Z" at the top of this page, you could read more information about this medication. Make another appointment with your doctor and discuss why are you on this medication? Informed patients are a headache for some doctors, go armed with information and have a long chat with your doctor. Good luck to you. Come back and let us know how it turns out.
Chris

Anonymous 22 Jan 2012

From 1998 to 2006 I was on 100mg three time a day and three at night. From 2006 to now it has been only 3 100mg at bedtime. It is used for night terrors as what war veterans have. Have you been having night terrors?