Why do I have a foul smell before and after my menstrual period?

maryhill 22 Dec 2009

The possibilities of the presence of yeast or bacterial infection should be considered. It may be accompanied by irregular menstrual period or pain during sex. A physician can make a diagnosis after a microscopic exam and cultures of the vaginal secretion. For the meantime, you may want to try yogurt that is rich in friendly bacteria. Consumed yogurt at least 8 ounces a day, You can also reduce simple sugar in your diet. Hope it will help.

alana.js 18 Feb 2010

I would see your doctor for swabs to rule out an infection like a gardineralla? this is not a sexually transmitted infection but an over supply of certain bacteria like thrush. It can cause an unpleasant odour, discharge and pain during sex. Regardless please see your doctor and Good Luck.