Why can't I get oxycontin time release in generic form?

This question has also been asked and answered here: What's the difference between Oxycontin OC 40 and OP 40?

Rajive Goel 9 Oct 2010

oxycontin generic shall not be available until April 2013 as it is patent protected till then.

christineATU 9 Oct 2010

I was wondering about the patent. So Purdue has the market on OC until April 2013?

yeeha6870 9 Oct 2010

don't know about that but i'm sick and tired of paying 120.00 for a month supply i don't have perscription service!! Any suggestions about getting it cheaper?

Rajive Goel 11 Oct 2010

I shall research on Prude, Chris & come back to you, try to find who holds the patent.

yeeha6870 27 Oct 2010

hey everyone i just got good news i applied with purdue for free oxycontin for one year because i have no perscrip coverage and low income my scrips came yesterday by fedex thanks purdue!

christineATU 27 Oct 2010

Hi Rajive, apparently a settlement was reached between Ethex and Purdue for infringement on Purdue's patent. They are going to let this subsidiary still distribute the OC 40mg and 80mg "for a period of time" I am so glad I don't take this med anymore. My surgeon has me on a combination that works well for me. I will always have pain, but someday hope to have it down to a level where I can handle it without the medication. I did get the recipe you sent and will buy the ingredients soon.
Thank you so much!
chris

Rajive Goel 28 Oct 2010

Thanks Chris, try the recipe, certainly it will work its an age old formula, practiced in India, take care, be well.