I had surgery (fusion) for a ruptured disk in my neck on 1-27-10. I'm not sure which one it was. I know I was told that I have a bulging disk & one ruptured, all this at C5-6 C6-7, but I don't remember which is which. Anyway, since my surgery I've had a lot of pain from the base of my skull (right side) down to the end of my shoulder blade. It started out hurting just down to the top of my shoulder blade so my dr gave me a steroid shot in what he said was a trigger point just above the top of my shoulder blade. It helped for about 3 days, but now it's hurting all the way down to the end of it & beginning to hurt on the left side as well. I also have pain in my right arm, but only when I use it or move it a certain way.
My Neuro said that when one disk goes out, the one above it & the one below it will usually go out too. I'm afraid that may be what's happening, but the pain isn't as bad as it was when the first one went out, plus, all my pain was on the left side. Can you hurt on the right side with disk problems in the neck?
I had found the perfect illustration on what & where you'd hurt with each disk, but I can't find it again! UGH!!
Sorry this is such a long post, but I wanted to make sure everything was explained.
Thanks!
allyoop