What is this pill it is white & round on the top it has 4839 then a line on the bottom it has V?

Rajive Goel 6 Jul 2012

Pill imprint 4839 V has been identified as Acetaminophen and oxycodone hydrochloride 325 mg / 5 mg.

Acetaminophen/oxycodone is used in the treatment of pain and belongs to the drug class narcotic analgesic combinations. Risk cannot be ruled out during pregnancy.

Acetaminophen/oxycodone 325 mg / 5 mg has a high potential for abuse. The drug has a currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States or a currently accepted medical use with severe restrictions. Abuse of the drug may lead to severe psychological or physical dependence.

Take care, best wishes!

HeadStarter 7 Jul 2012

Hi there... just wondering... now that you have your answer, how did you come about this "pill"??? If it isn't yours... flush it. I think you would know if it was yours or not... but if you have kids in the house and wondering where it came from... boy, now sure would be a good time to sit someone down and explain how dangerous these meds are and have the potential for drug addiction and overdosing - the very final and deadly kind. That would scare the bajeezus out of me finding something like that amongst your stuff or wherever!

Mary

mammaturtle 11 Jul 2012

No the pill isn't mine..I found it in a box of my mothers stuff and was just wondering what it was. Thanks for the info.