While taking microgestrin 1/20, if I miss 2 or more pills will I have bleeding?

Marvell 5 Apr 2010

Highly likely that you will have bleeding if you miss 2 or more consecutive pills. Please see information below.

What happens if I miss a dose?

Missing a pill increases your risk of becoming pregnant.

If you miss one "active" pill, take two pills on the day that you remember. Then take one pill per day for the rest of the pack.

If you miss two "active" pills in a row in week one or two, take two pills per day for two days in a row. Then take one pill per day for the rest of the pack. Use back-up birth control for at least 7 days following the missed pills.

If you miss two "active" pills in a row in week three, or if you miss three pills in a row during any of the first 3 weeks, throw out the rest of the pack and start a new one the same day if you are a Day 1 starter. If you are a Sunday starter, keep taking a pill every day until Sunday. On Sunday, throw out the rest of the pack and start a new one that day.

If you miss three "active" pills in a row during any of the first 3 weeks, throw out the rest of the pack and start a new pack on the same day if you are a Day 1 starter. If you are a Sunday starter, keep taking a pill every day until Sunday. On Sunday, throw out the rest of the pack and start a new one that day.
If you miss two or more pills, you may not have a period during the month. If you miss a period for two months in a row, call your doctor because you might be pregnant.

If you miss any reminder pills, throw them away and keep taking one pill per day until the pack is empty. You do not need back-up birth control if you miss a reminder pill.

https://www.drugs.com/mtm/ethinyl-estradiol-and-norethindrone.html

dramaqangel7 11 Jan 2012

Hi I am taking junel for my irregular period and cramps and I am not sexually active. I missed like two pills in second week and now I am bleeding should I just keep taking it normally or should I discontinue this pack and get a new one?

Marvell 12 Jan 2012

For dramaqangel7:

This is the information for Junel

What happens if I miss a dose?

Missing a pill increases your risk of becoming pregnant. If you miss one "active" pill, take two pills on the day that you remember. Then take one pill per day for the rest of the pack.