Which drug should I use in order not to sleep for at least 24hrsWhich drug should I use in order no?

Anonymous 7 Aug 2011

Hi Tilde. Theres several medications that were developed to help you sleep. Dalmane, Restoril. (Benzodiazepine sleeping medications) An Antidepressant that will make you sleepy, Desyrel. As to medications that keep you awake, the list might be endless. Many of the psychiatric drugs develloped for the different diagnosis, have as a side efect the ability to keep you awake. To list one of possibly hundreds Zoloft. common, side e-ffect, is insommnia. Zoloft is prescribed for obsessive compulsive disorder, along with all types of depression, as well as anxiety and panic disorders. So, you have a pretty good idea as to what works for and against you getting a good nights sleep. best to you.

LaurieShay 7 Aug 2011

Hey Tilde,

There are many drugs useful for keeping one awake. Some of them are stimulants such as methylphenidate while others are not such as Provigil or Nuvigil. While it is not good to go many days in a row without sleep, if your job or something requires an occassional 24 hour shift, then I recommend Nuvigil. One dose lasts about 12 hours. It doesn't make you feel wired and there are few side effects. I got a headache in the beginning but don't have a problem with them now. I take Nuvigil daily for hypersomnia.

Best wishes,

Laurie