Prevacid comes in a capsule or an orally disintegrating tablet that should be taken before eating.
* Your Prevacid dosage should not be split, chewed, or crushed.
* If you have trouble swallowing the capsule, you may open a Prevacid capsule onto a small amount of applesauce, orange juice, or tomato juice. Mix briefly and swallow immediately.
* The orally disintegrating tablets (SoluTabs) can be dissolved on the tongue (not chewed) or may be dissolved in a small amount of water (ask your healthcare provider for more information about doing this). It is not recommended that the SoluTabs be broken or cut to make a smaller dosage.
* The medication should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your system.
Hope the info helps?
- Prevacid Information for Consumers
- Prevacid Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Prevacid (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 11 Sep 2009 • 1 answer
Posted 21 Jan 2010 • 1 answer
Posted 1 Nov 2010 • 1 answer
Posted 21 Aug 2011 • 1 answer
Posted 20 Sep 2013 • 2 answers