In the process of switching from Cymbalta to Pristiq so have to wean off of the Cymbalta which I presently take at night. After reading some of the reviews it looks as though everyone has some insomnia on Pristiq. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, Fybro, extreme fatigue and have gained lots of weight from the Cymbalta. So I need to get my energy back, take away my pain and hopefully lose some weight in the meantime just wanted some feedback to what everyone thinks about a good time to take the medication.
There has no particular time documented for taking Pristiq, however general considerations for when and how to take Pristiq include the following:
* The medication comes in the form of an extended-release tablet and is taken by mouth once a day.
* You can take Pristiq with or without food.
* Be sure to swallow the tablets whole. Do not crush, break, or chew them.
* Pristiq should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
* For the drug to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Pristiq will not work if you stop taking it. Do not stop taking it without your healthcare provider's approval.
For more details, please seek medical attention from the doc/pharmacist who prescribed the med, take care, be safe & well!
You may have to experiment a bit with what time works best for you. My dr. suggested I take it in the morning, which is working well for me, as it tends to give me a coffee-like buzz a couple of hours after taking it. For others, it makes them sleepy. As the other responder said, the main thing is once you find a time that works for you, take the medicine around the same time each day. I am waiting for the increased energy - I know that may take some time (I've only been on for 2 weeks). I have lost weight. Pristiq tends to make you lose your appetite.
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
I am taking Cymbalta,for both depression and Fibromyalgia Pain. But, I still hurt ALL OVER. What can
Posted 16 Dec 2009 • 11 answers
Posted 26 May 2011 • 2 answers
Posted 27 Nov 2011 • 1 answer
Posted 28 Jan 2013 • 1 answer
Posted 1 Oct 2015 • 2 answers