When I fill my prescription of adderall are they "planting" a few capsules of a placebo?

suzanne66 23 May 2011

That would be completely unethical ... what makes you think they are doing that?

DzooBaby 23 May 2011

Not only is it unethical, it is illegal. I'm like suzanne, why do you think they are doing that? Not to sound judgemental or anything but paranoid feelings can be a very dangerous side effect of Adderall. If you are having paranoid feelings you should let your prescriber know right away!

Jafega 5 Jun 2011

I understand where you are coming from. It's not so much paranoia as it is the effectiveness. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Plus, with these new generics even the taste of them can make the most rational person question a pharmacy/doctors ethics. Meaning, "are they just trying to see if I'm really ADHD?" All that aside, if your current rx isn't working either long enough or at all, your doctor should be made aware. Pharmacies are notorious for asking if you want name brand or generic, (although your physician has prescribed the name brand) and then tell you all they stock are generics. Whether a generic works for you depends on your molecular structure, metabolism, digestive function, etc. Your physician needs to be made aware of any changes so they can help you manage the change in dosage (if needed) effectively and safely.