When do you think plavix will be going generic? it is very expensive, it is not fair?

This question has also been asked and answered here: Generic Plavix, when will it be available?

arcanoidcyst16 9 Sep 2010

When ever the PATENT on it RUNS OUT.Which I think won't be until 2012 my friend.I hope this has helped you out a little bit.Take care

Arcanoidcyst16

suzanne66 10 Sep 2010

This from https://www.drugs.com/answers/when-should-we-expect-the-drug-plavix-to-be-sold-269679.html

"Plavix is manufactured by Bristol-Myers Squibb/Sanofi Pharmaceuticals for the treatment of heart attacks/strokes. It is currently protected by patent until 17th Nov 2011. Companies can use various methods to extent their exclusivity period beyond this date. This has been done once, the original patent expiry date was 12th Feb 2008. Once Plavix goes off patient, a number of manufacturers may offer a generic version.

arcanoidcyst16 10 Sep 2010

Great Help suzanne66!!! I think he knows when now.

tygilbert48 4 Dec 2011

The FDA extended the patent until May 17, 2012 at which time Plavix will FINALLY be open for other companies to offer the drug as a generic. I just moved back to the USA from Costa Rica where I was able to buy a 30-day supply of the generic for $2.00/US. So next year we will at-long-last be able to buy this medication at prices comparable to those paid in the Third World!