Whats the cost of cetuximab?

itsmetoo2 26 Oct 2009

I have looked and looked and can not find a price for you. But I did find this :Cetuximab is developed in the United States by ImClone Systems and Bristol-Myers Squibb. Merck KGaA licensed the right to market cetuximab outside of the U.S. and Canada and the co-exclusive right to market cetuximab in Japan from ImClone Systems Incorporated of New York in 1998. Cetuximab has been approved in USA and Switzerland.

Call a large pharmacy like Target or Cost Co and they might give you a cost figure. Someone in your Oncologist office I am sure will have this cost for you.

If it is not affordable for you. Don't worry. I had a wonderful friend who had breast cancer and no insurance. I took her to the Social Security office and they handed her forms for SSI. We stood there and filled them out and they told her, her MediCal (Medi aid) would be pending. With this I took her to an Oncologist office and they treated her immediately.

When a patient has Cancer they are automatically eligible for help through Social Security. If for some reason they give you a hard time. Look for a Social Security Attorney, they do not cost. You can contact me through the boards, if you need my help just post it here.

I will keep you in my Prayers.