What's the best thing for chest congestion and pain when your doctor says your lungs sound clear?

mfpdfibro 21 Oct 2010

My answer would be Muscinex D (OTC), However my Dr. prescribes it so insurance will pay for it and I do not have to. It is expensive. Make sure to drink a lot of water, tea in fact if you have it. The ingredients in Muscinex D will loosen the tight phlem congestion and should get you to start having productive cough's to get it up and out. Sorry if that is gross, it just is what it is. Honey locally produced has always been recommended to be the best to use if you make tea. I am not sure if that is due to allergies in the area or why, but that is what I have always heard, plus it keeps your money in the area in which you live. The best idea yet is before you go to bed, run a humidifier and put some peach brandy in your tea. You will sleep like a baby and that stuff should start coming out the next day. You could even put moist heat on your chest or throat, just not for tool long though.