My insurance does not cover Vagifem.
Substitutes to Vagifem:
1. Estrogen alone via a pill (Premarin, Ogen, Estrace or ethinyl estradiol), a cream (Premarin or Dienestrol), or as a transdermal or skin patch (Estraderm or Estracomb).
2. Cyclical therapy: Estrogen taken daily via a pill or via a patch and a separate progesterone pill (such as Provera) for a certain number of days per month.
3. Continuous therapy: Estrogen plus low dose progesterone in one or two pills taken every day.
But please do not change/alter the medication that your doctor has prescribed without first seeking his or her advice, please well & safe!
- Vagifem Information for Consumers
- Vagifem Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Vagifem (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 7 Aug 2010 • 1 answer
Posted 18 Sep 2010 • 1 answer
Posted 13 Dec 2011 • 1 answer
Posted 28 Feb 2013 • 1 answer
Posted 29 Jan 2014 • 3 answers