What one is stronger butrans are fentanyl patches?

DzooBaby 18 May 2011

Different meds work different in each person but Butrans is a Schedule 3 medication and Fentanyl is a schedule 2 so is therefore at a higher risk for abuse so I would say the Fentanyl is the stronger. Also Butrans is a mu partial opioid agonist and Fentanyl is a full mu opioid agonist if that means anything to you. It has to do with how the meds attach to the opioid receptors. Fentanyl is stronger.

DzooBaby 20 May 2011

I found a really informative article about the Butrans you might find interesting

Debvin 25 Aug 2011

I have used both and would say they work about the same, but with the butrans I developed very bad stomach pain. I had no side effects with the fentanyl patches and they got into my system much faster. Also the first time I bought Butrans my co-pay was $16 the next month it was $50 and after six months on the patches today I was told it my co-pay is now $116. So a $100 increase in 6 months doesn't really work for me.

Nanalil 1 Dec 2012

My dr took me from vicodin 750 4 xs day to fentenyl patch and after 3 weeks It overdosed me. Went to different Dr he has now put me on Butrans ( hoping I don't have same problem with it. )

Butrans patch is not as effective it also gives very bad headaches if u can live with the headaches then maybe its for you, yes fentanyl is much more dependent but works way better and faster with no real side effects but sleepiness ill take tired over headaches any day hope this helps!