What migraine medication can you take with prednisone?

kytteneyes 22 May 2010

I would suggest to call a pharmacist to see what otc med you can take with prednisone.

htwooh 23 May 2010

I assume you are getting the prednisone from a Dr... ask him which medicine because it really depends on what condition you are taking the prednisone for that would interfere with any migraine medicine. I don't think many of the over the counter ones get rid of migraines but I always found fiorinal (asp, butalbytal/caffeine) or fioricet (tyl, butal, caffeine) to do the trick if I caught it right when I felt the migraine coming on and more did not make it better but it was very effective for me and I don't know if it would interfere w/pred but I would ask your Dr. Sickmom - just the sound of that makes me want to help you - I was sick w/migraines for a couple years when my kids were young and you need to get some relief - hope this helps honey.