What labs should be monitored to avoid problems while taking both Dilantin and Prozac?

itsmetoo2 29 Mar 2010

I would have my liver monitored for the Prozac and have regular Dilantin levels run. These are very important.

Anonymous 2 May 2010

Your dilantin level should be monitored on a regular basis. I have been on Dilantin for many years now. I have been hospitalized several times for either my Dilantin level being too low or too high. It is so important to keep your level checked. Your physician should be having your labs done on a monthly basis or as he has discussed with you. At the same time, a liver function test is usually done to test for the prozac. All medications that we take go through our liver. If your not having regular labs done, I would talk to my physican about this. Sandy