Skip to Content

What is ulcers?

Responses (2)

suzanne66 28 Mar 2011

I assume you are referring to ulcers in the stomach (as apposed to mouth)?
An ulcer is erosion in the lining of the stomach or the first part of the small intestine, an area called the duodenum.
If the ulcer is located in the stomach it is called a gastric ulcer.
If the ulcer is located in the duodenum it is called a duodenal ulcer.
For more information on causes, symptoms, treatments etc see:

NewYorkGuy44 29 Mar 2011

An ulcer is a build up of acid, or an erosion in the stomach, most likely in your small intestine. It can be very Painfull and can be brought on by several different things, such as poor diet, stress, and other Gastro Intestinal problems.
Some signs can be severe heartburn and pain in the middle of the stomach/ Abdomen. Milk can coat the burning of an ulcer, but its only a quick fix.You should see a GI doctor, ( A STOMACH DOCTOR).
Don't confuse the pain with a hurnea, which is caused by a tear by lifting something to heavy. If you have a hurnea, you will know, part of your intestine would be pushing thru into your belly and you would have a lump.
Check either one of these out Immediately. free discount card

Search for questions

Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.

Similar Questions