What is this pill - one side 15mg, the other pf in a box, green, round?

Cats Meow 15 Oct 2009

PF 15mg is 15mg MS Contin (Morphine Sulfate 15 mg)

Cats Meow 15 Oct 2009

Canadian btw

steelhip 15 Oct 2009

Okay... THANKS! One more question... how long before these go bad??? Or do they ever???

steelhip 15 Oct 2009

I am Canadian too!!!

Cats Meow 15 Oct 2009

Pharmaceuticals usually have a shelf life of 2-3 years, but should remain good for many years if they're kept dry and out of sunlight.
You're welcome

steelhip 15 Oct 2009

Thanks so much. I am new at this, am I allowed to ask another question?
If they were to have gone bad I wouldnt get sick would I? They would just lose
their potency right?

Cats Meow 16 Oct 2009

Correct. The Army just did a study and found drugs that were 15 years old still perfectly effective. Big Pharma's like to tell you to throw them away if past expiration, that way you go out and buy more, its more $ in their pocket. Duh

steelhip 16 Oct 2009

Thanks Kitty! You are a Plethora of information! Is there an easier way I can ask you a few more questions? Can you see my e-mail addy? If there is any concern that I am a predator, not to worry. Married. Happy. Just not informed about my pain management for severe Hip arthritis. Going for surgery in two months. Have been on pain meds for a couple years. Very light stuff though. 30mg codeine tabs. Trying this to see how good it works and then will ask DR for Script. What is the crossover between what I have been taking and the MS Contin? How much stronger than the Coedine?

Cats Meow 16 Oct 2009

No, I can't see you're email addy. No I'm not worried. I think there's a way to ask a private question, I'm not sure how though, someone else has before though.
Morphine is 10 times stronger then codeine. 3mg of morphine equals 30mgs of codeine.

steelhip 16 Oct 2009

Oh my... that is pretty darn strong! Will have to be VERY careful! I was going to take two tabs to begin with... okay... thanks for that.

Thanks so much!

steelhip 16 Oct 2009

Can I take codeine with the MS Contin? Meaning can I use the MS for longer lasting releif and Codeine for the break through pain... if and where there is... being careful not to OVER medicate?

Cats Meow 17 Oct 2009

Yes, you can, but as you see codeine is so weak, it's almost doubtful that you'd feel it anyway, it's a very poor BT drug. You might be interested to know that both codeine and heroin are converted to morphine via metabolism, so if you used either of these drug you will test positive for morphine. Morphine, codeine and heroin are the only true opiates (besides opium), they're derived from the opium poppy, all the rest are opioids.
Any other Q's?