What is thebest seizure medication that doesn't have such severe side effects?

mitjason 7 Feb 2010

http://www.epilepsy.com/EPILEPSY/SEIZURE_MEDICINES
This website has a list of medications that you can take for seizures. There are so many to chose from. Often some of the most effective especially if you have some anxiety would be a benzodiazepine such as Clonazepam or Diazepam. Diazepam had less side effects in my own opinion but Clonazepam will probably work better for seizures. It's a good questions for a doctor. I hope this helps. I wish you the best!

tina53 7 Feb 2010

Thanks Jason, my daughter is 24yrs old and has grand mal seizures do to a brain injury when she was eight. I hate the meds she has taken. The dilantin made her suicidal and anxious. That just opened another can of worms. She is waiting to see the doctor again for med change. I would rather her be on a benzo if they work. I did not know that. I will definitely research it.

sheryllee 14 Feb 2010

I hated dilanton too. I now take Tegratol. It was rough for about a week but once it was in my system it's actually ok. I don't have seizures now and I don't feel like I've been drinking all day.