What is the result of combing opana and tramadol?

jmccormie 8 Mar 2012

Hello Jake
I came across your question.
What are you taking Opana for? I am on Opana ER 10 mg for back pain, I had a double bone fusion of the L5, S1 with a removal of the L5 disk and have been in severe pain since. I was on Oxycontin for over a year and finally went to a pain doctor and was prescribed Opana ER which I take twice a day along with 10mg of Oxycodone. I am also on 300 mg of Tramadol and have been reading some of the posts about it. Honestly, I have not had any problems taking them both together, but when I take my Tramadol, I take it at night along with all my other medications which makes me sleepy. I've never gotten sick from it and I don't feel that I've become addicted to it (Tramadol). There have been some nights where I will skip the Tramadol because I am too lazy to fill my pill container and just take my pain meds.

I don't know if this helped or not, but I personally think it's best if you take them at night because then you can sleep through it like I do. I know when I do take the Opana ER, it does make me tired but it does take the edge off my back pain.

Good luck

Jen