The dose of Savella (milnacipran hydrochloride) your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
* How you respond to Savella
* Other medications you are taking
* Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless the doctor specifically instructs you to do so.
Savella Dosage for Fibromyalgia
The standard recommended dose of Savella is as follows:
* Day 1 -- 12.5 mg once daily
* Days 2 and 3 -- 12.5 mg twice daily
* Days 4 through 7 -- 25 mg twice daily
* Day 7 and beyond -- 50 mg twice daily.
If necessary, thedoc may increase the dose up to 100 mg twice daily, if 50 mg twice daily is not sufficient to relieve your fibromyalgia symptoms. People with kidney disease (such as kidney failure) may need to take a lower Savella dosage.
Do not stop taking Savella suddenly, as this could lead to withdrawal symptoms. If you need to stop taking the medication, be sure to work closely with the doc to determine a schedule for gradually decreasing the dosage.
Be safe & well!
- Savella Information for Consumers
- Savella Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Savella (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 16 Aug 2010 • 2 answers
On Savella for fibro. Is anyone on higher dose than 50mg twice a day? At what point was it increase?
Posted 18 Nov 2011 • 3 answers
Posted 15 Jan 2012 • 1 answer
Posted 28 Nov 2015 • 1 answer
Posted 16 Jul 2016 • 0 answers