What is the main difference in adderall and vyvanese, different side effects, which works better?

danielbonner 7 Dec 2011

Welcome! Adderall can have a tenancy to make some people more anxious or jittery. Vyvanse turns into dextroamphetamine (Brand Name: Dexedrine) once it is taken. Now dexedrine is still strong enough to help, but has less side effects for most people. Vyvanse is an extended release type medicine that can last from 8-12 hours, depending on the person. Adderall has a big boost when it starts working where Vyvanse is smooth starting and smooth ending. I have taken Vyvanse, Adderall and Dexedrine and I personally like Vyvanse because it is so smooth for me. Second choice would be Dexedrine and last choice for me would be Adderall. This is my personal experience and yours may vary. Hope this at least gives you some insight. Google the names of the drugs your interested in too. You might find something useful. I hope all goes smooth for you! :)

agt41002 7 Dec 2011

Wow, thank you so much!! I am going to my dr tomorrow and I plan on discussing a change in my meds and this very much helps!! Thank you again for taking time out to answer my question and for your advice... Have a great night!!!

danielbonner 7 Dec 2011

My pleasure! I have found much help on the internet from help groups and I want to give back. Thanks!