What is the drug histazin used for?

Marvell 1 Feb 2011

Histazin is Promethazine.

Promethazine is in a group of drugs called phenothiazines. It works by changing the actions of chemicals in your brain. Promethazine also acts as an antihistamine. It blocks the effects of the naturally occurring chemical histamine in your body.

Promethazine is used to treat allergy symptoms such as itching, runny nose, sneezing, itchy or watery eyes, hives, and itchy skin rashes. It also prevents motion sickness, and treats nausea and vomiting or pain after surgery. It is also used as a sedative or sleep aid.

Promethazine is not for use in treating symptoms of asthma, pneumonia, or other lower respiratory tract infections.

https://www.drugs.com/promethazine.html

caringsonbj 1 Feb 2011

phenothiazines are used all the way from anxiety to nasuea and vomiting as well as antihistamine agents