What is the dose of Tamiflu to treat my flu disease when I already received hemodialysis ?

Marvell 25 Oct 2009

The information given below is the recommended dose for Tamiflu, in an otherwise healthy adult. I'm sorry I couldn't find any information about how the dose needs to change or if you can take Tamiflu if you are having Henmodialysis. It is to be used with caution in kidney disease, and although this answer is perhaps a bit late, please ask your doctor about dose details of medicines just to be sure. You wouldn't want to have any side effects, etc.

The dose of oseltamivir will be different for different patients. Follow your doctor's orders or the directions on the label. The following information includes only the average doses of oseltamivir. If your dose is different, do not change it unless your doctor tells you to do so.

* For oral dosage forms (capsules and oral suspension):
o For treatment of the flu:
+ Adults and teenagers: 75 milligrams (mg) two times a day for five days.
+ Children 1 year of age or older: Dose is based on body weight and must be determined by your doctor. It is usually between 30 and 75 mg two times a day for five days.
+ Children up to 1 year of age: Use and dose must be determined by your doctor.
o For prevention of the flu:
+ Adults and teenagers: 75 mg once a day for at least ten days.
+ Children 1 year of age or older: Dose is based on body weight and must be determined by your doctor. It is usually between 30 and 75 mg one time a day for ten days.

https://www.drugs.com/cons/tamiflu.html