What is the difference between the blue watson loratabs 10/500 and the yellow watson with 853?

Psyched 28 Mar 2011

Survivor101,
The blue 10/500 ones have 500 mg of acetaminophen and 10 mg hydrocodone while the yellow 853 ones have only 325 mg of acetaminophen and 10 mg hydrocodone. Hope that helps.

scovernj 25 Oct 2016

Thus stuff is not as strong as 857 or the ones, it is like a tramadol, makes my throat tight. Scared me to death ! Run over by a car repeatedly, taken Norco and and other meds for10 + yrs. Ran into this stuff and I Knew right away!

dgjecho57 27 Nov 2016

The difference between the 2 types of pain medication is the Watson 853 has 175 mg less acetaminophen than the Blue Watson LORTAB. The yellow or white Watson 853 is 10 mg of hydrocodone/ 325 mg of acetaminophen. They are used for patients who have renal impairment or have some reason to reduce the acetaminophen, such as also taking another medication with acetaminophen already in it. Hope this has helped you out.