What is the difference between Nuvigil and Provigil?

Copied the info, however please check it with your doc/pharmacist who shall give you a more professionally accurate description.

Provigil (Modafinil) and Nuvigil (Armodafinil) are both "wakefulness promoting" drugs, approved by the FDA for the treatment of excessive sleepiness. These two drugs contain slightly different versions of the same chemical and differ little in their effects.

Rajive pretty much got it. Provigil is 'short half-life' & Nuvigil is 'long half-life' or they're XR version so to speak. But the half-lives are really similar.