What is the difference between Bupropion HCL-XL & Wellbutrin?

LaurieShay 6 Apr 2011

Hey shortyt,

Burpopion HCl is the generic form of the brand name drug Wellbutrin. This drug comes in three formulas: immediate release, sustained release (SR) and extended release (XL). So to answer your question as it is written, bupropion HCl -XL is the generic form extended release of the drug Wellbutrin.
Make sense?

Hope this helps,

Laurie

shortyt 6 Apr 2011

Well I have been on Burpopion for 1 week now and I don't feel any different. I
actually had a episode(crying for 2-hrs)this morning(feeling sad). Plus i haven't been able to sleep, so I've been taking a sleeping pill to make me fall asleep is that good? This is my 1st time taking anything for my problem that I've had all my life but never really looked at it until now(because I'm older)and it's starting to really affect my life.

LaurieShay 7 Apr 2011

Hey shortyt,

It will take up to a month or so to feel the full effects of the bupropion. It takes awhile for it to build in the blood stream and reach its full effectivenss. So hang in there and it should start working in a few more weeks. Glad you are addressing your problems. No matter what age, it is never too late.

Take care,

Laurie