What is the connection between Glumetza and hormones?

Marvell 8 Jan 2012

I realize this answer is very, very late but may help someone in future.

Glumetza is metformin, an oral diabetes medicine that helps control blood sugar levels.

Metformin is for people with type 2 (non-insulin-dependent) diabetes. Metformin is sometimes used in combination with insulin or other medications, but it is not for treating type 1 diabetes.

Metformin is also used to treat insulin resistance, which is an underlying cause of polycystic ovarian syndrome. Insulin resistance also leads to imbalance of other hormones in the body. If metformin can regulate the amount of insulin produced and the activity of insulin, this eventually corrects the imbalance of other hormones in your body.

I hope I have made sense in the way I have explained this. Please also refer to information in link below.

https://www.drugs.com/enc/polycystic-ovary-syndrome.html