What is the best treatment for depression for a patient with vascular dementia ?

suzanne66 25 Jan 2010

A difficult question to answer. You are best to seek the advice of a psychiatrist as many factors will depend on the choice of antidepressant.

butterflylynn 10 May 2012

This is a question that you will need to ask a physciayrist or your Neurologist.
I was recently diagnosed with this & learning myself. I was already taking Cymbalta & my Neurologist said that most depression medications do not effect this disease.
Did you have Depression before you were diagnosed with this disease ?
Depression with this disease is very common due to knowing your condition is not reversible & will continually get worse. Also do they have you on any medication for the dementia ? They started me on Exelon & it has helped my memory quite a bit. My heart goes out to you .