What is the best pill for anti fungal rash on trunk,legs and feet?

Anonymous 6 May 2011

Diflucan aka fluconazole is an anti fungal pill that works pretty well.

Rajive Goel 6 May 2011

Ya, good suggestion Pattishan but I would suggest cotrimoxazole, also please do consult a doc/pharmacist.

Anonymous 6 May 2011

Thanks Rajive, hope you are well. Pattishan

Rajive Goel 6 May 2011

Thanks Pattishan, I am well & you & family?

Anonymous 6 May 2011

My family and I are fine. My disabled room mate has been in the hospital with COPD and emphysema, and my boyfriend's crackhead neighbor kicked his door in yesterday while bf was at work. This was quite a shock, they didn't steal anything tho, the dog scared them off. I have had better days, but so far so good today. It is so good to see you are still on here, I really miss Christine, hope here surgery goes well. How was Holi. They have a show called "Outsourced," here and they did an episode honoring Holi, that looks like a fun Holiday!!! Wish I could see the real thing, they used paintball guns.

LaurieShay 6 May 2011

Hey smegart,

The clotrimazole is a prescription cream, while diflucan is a prescription pill taken orally. I can also recommend Lamasil (terbinafine) if you have infection of the hand or toe nails. It comes in an prescription oral pill as well as an over the counter cream. Either way you need to be seen by a doctor to get a prescription for one of these medications.

Best wishes,

Laurie

Rajive Goel 6 May 2011

Laurie,

Its COTRIMOXAZOLE tablets available in single or double strength being a combination of Sulphamethoxazole & Trimethoprim, whic is an anti-fugal too.

LaurieShay 6 May 2011

Sorry, I was responding on what was available in the US. Cotrimoxazol is only available in Chile and Ecuador, right? Clotrimazol is available in the US as cream or pill. Sorry for any confusion.

Laurie

Rajive Goel 7 May 2011

Its fine Laurie, perhaps its not available in the US, yes CLOTRIMAZOLE is an cream.

It is better that a doc is consulted, anyways thanks & take care!

Best Regards,

Rajiv