What is meftal?

Brand name: Meftal
Generic name: Mefenamic acid MEFTAL (Mefenamic Acid, Ponstel)

Meftal, a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug, is used for the relief of moderate pain (when treatment will not last for more than 7 days) and for the treatment of menstrual pain.

Take Meftal as prescribed by your doc./pharmacist

Use Meftal with extreme caution if you've suffered from stomach ulcers or bleeding in the past. If you develop a rash, diarrhea, or other stomach problems, if you are an older adult; have kidney problems, liver disease, or heart failure; take drugs such as diuretics or ACE inhibitors; or suffer from dehydration, Meftal could damage your kidneys and should be used with caution.

Meftal occasionally causes liver damage. If you develop warning signs such as nausea, fatigue, yellowing of the skin and eyes, itching, flu-like symptoms, and upper abdominal pain, stop taking Meftal and seek medical attention immediately.