What is ku 118 can it be used for bladder infections?

Anonymous 13 Jan 2011

KU 118 is Omeprazole 20 mg. Omeprazole is used in the treatment of GERD; stomach ulcer; indigestion; erosive esophagitis; helicobacter pylori infection. H. pylori infection occurs when a bacterium called Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infects your stomach or the first part of your small intestine.

Antibiotics would be the first line of treatment for bladder infections. A urine culture would reveal which antibiotic is indicated.
Best regards.

DzooBaby 14 Jan 2011

Omeprazole wont help as said above. Bladder infections are painful! I get 2-3 bad ones every year! I keep Azo Standard on hand for the pain until I can get an antibiotic but if your healthcare professional does a dipstick test it messes up the results because of the dye that is in Azo Standard. It turns your urine bright orange and stains EVERYTHING so wear old underpants. The staining is difficult to remove. You can get Azo Standard over the counter. Azo Standard is phenazopyridine hydrochloride which is in Pyridium (the Rx version) It helps reduce the painful bladder spasms that accompany cystitis (bladder infection) by a local anesthetic type action in the bladder lining. It is also said to stain contact lenses too so it must secrete through other membranes as well although I never had the problem when I wore contacts. You should take it with food to prevent it from upsetting your stomach. You shouldn't take it for more than a couple of days though. Dont wait too long to get an antibiotic. Drink plenty of water and juices to flush out the bladder (this also helps to prevent infections). Some people swear by cranberry pills but I've not found they help for myself. Cranberry juice is no more helpful than water although others will swear by it. Studies show it is not anymore effective than plain water. Cranberry pills CAN help by making the urine more acidic and preventing bacteria from adhering to the bladder lining wall but the sugar in the juice defeats this purpose. Vitamin C can help with urine acidity too-this is what works best for me. Most bladder infections are caused by E. Coli from the digestive tract so if you are female be sure you always wipe from front to back after using the bathroom, avoid tub baths, sitting in wet swim suits, and be sure to urinate after sexual intercourse to clear the urethra (the tube running from the bladder to the urinary opening) I've learned a lot about prevention over the years! This may be more info than you wanted but I hope it may help someone!