What is dilaudid made of?

SomeOneInFl 11 May 2010

Hydromorphone is the active drug. Common fillers include talcum powder, yeast, starch and sugar. Binders are mostly made of wax or shellac if you are talking about the pill form.

mimi4141 11 May 2010

The manufacturer won't tell me. I have no trouble with those things but maybe that shellac. I take alot of medicine due to illness and I think I would have run across it. This happened in the hospital. I am so tempted to try again with epi-pen in hand but chicken out. Thanks for help. Still looking for ideas.

SomeOneInFl 12 May 2010

There are sites available that you enter all of your medications in and will check possible interactions. Other options might be Oxymorphone, and Fentyl patch both are stronger though but might just be what you need. Please check with a pain management specialist. Even my personal doc wont deal with my pain issue as he feels he is not qualified enough. So I see a specialist, if you dont I suggest you do.