What is dicyclomine is use for and its systoms how it help with your pains?

itsmetoo2 9 Jun 2010

Thhis is what I fouind on the net:

"BRAND NAME: Bentyl, Byclomine, Dibent, Di-Spaz, Dilomine
DRUG CLASS AND MECHANISM: Dicyclomine is a drug that is used for treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Dicyclomine is in a class of drugs called anticholinergics. Anticholinergic drugs block the effects of acetylcholine, the chemical transmitter that nerves release in order to cause muscles to contract. They prevent contraction of the muscles by blocking the acetylcholine receptors on the muscle cells. Anticholinergic drugs also have a direct relaxing effect on muscle. Dicyclomine is used to reduce contraction of the muscles in the intestines. Dicyclomine was approved by the FDA in 1950. "
http://www.medicinenet.com/dicyclomine/article.htm
Gee, this medicine is 6 decades old...

Buddy1971 9 Jun 2010

I looked it up,but it looks like someone else already answered it & I got the same info,used for iratable bowel syndrom.

barbles2413 9 Jun 2010

It is used for ibs and helps with the motality of the bowel that causes cramps