Skip to Content

What is being done to rectify thiola no longer being covered by medicare!?

Responses (2)

Gee2000 7 Feb 2011

ask doctor to prescribe a new med. if you are in some sort of drug plan, you might get your doctor to write up a "medically needed" request so your plan will provide it.

stefkat461 7 Feb 2011

unfortunately the only other drug for this condition is usually perscribed for lead poisoning and the side effects are so severe no urologist with any sense perscribes it anymore.but tks for the suggestion

JW9726 13 Mar 2013

Check with the maker- Mission Pharmacal - to see if you qualify for the customer assistance program. The company May "donate" the medication (for lack of a better term). I don't know the specifics of how they determine who can receive the medication free of charge but it is well worth checking into the process. free discount card

Further Information

Search for questions

Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.

Similar Questions