You would know by seeing the symptoms of an oxycontin overdose! Depressed breathing and pupil dilation are the easiest things to notice when someones on it. Also, especially in a small kid, dizziness. I used to snort the stuff recreationally (stupid) and I can tell you from my own experience that when you take too much OC you get cold and clammy, but sweat at the same time. If a 2 year old were to ingest any amount of OC it would probably be bad for them. Overdose can cause seizures, coma, and death. If this is even a possibility you would want to take the kid to the ER asap. Also, Ipecac syrup is made to induce vomiting, and if its administered in time could get the pill out of the stomach without causing any harm. But action needs to be taken quickly
- OxyContin Information for Consumers
- OxyContin Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of OxyContin (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 18 Sep 2010 • 1 answer
My boyfriend has been on oxycontin for a year due to an injury he suffered a year and a half ago. He
Posted 11 Oct 2010 • 3 answers
Posted 7 Jun 2011 • 2 answers
Posted 23 Jun 2011 • 1 answer
My pain management doctor has me on oxycottin 40 mg 2 times a day and oxycodone 15 mg 3 times a day?
Posted 18 Jan 2013 • 2 answers