What generic brand still makes oxycontin?

Anonymous 8 Nov 2010

Hi,
I could be way off here, but I think Purdue makes it... anyone else have the answer?

sweetlemon

Anonymous 8 Nov 2010

At this time, generic OxyContin is no longer being made. There will likely be no generic versions until April 2013, when the patent for brand-name OxyContin is set to expire.

Take care.-

Anonymous 8 Nov 2010

... and Bingo! We have a winner here!

SL

Anonymous 8 Nov 2010

You are funny... gracias.-

Anonymous 8 Nov 2010

Senor, I am the village idiot... LOL

terilyn54 10 Nov 2010

The manufacturer of the old style Oxycontin, Purdue Pharm, acquired Ethex Manufacturers to distribute the OC's for them. It's being marketed in generic form as Oxycodone ER in 80 mg & 40 mg only, but unfortunately only Walgreens is carrying this brand name. Let me warn you though, pretty much every pharmacy is very hesitant to give any information what so ever concerning Schedule II medications over the phone, unless they know you due to the rash of daytime robberies not too long ago looking for, you got it, Oxycontin!! There's one more company that distributes the 20 mg only, called Apotex. As far as I know once again, Walgreens only carries this. You must completely trust & believe me when I tell you, IT REALLY IS EXACTLY THE SAME MEDICATION. It's says OC on one side & 80 on the other, is the same exact color & same size.

Anonymous 10 Nov 2010

terilyn,
Thank you so much for this info,
sweetlemon

terilyn54 10 Nov 2010

You're very, very welcome.

Anonymous 10 Nov 2010

Dear terilyn,
You've no idea how happy I am to be off Oxy, yet you are helping so very many people that are in chronic pain with this post! Keep it up.
sweetlemon