Fentanyl transdermal system - what antidepressant can you use with this?

ElizaJane23 27 Jun 2011

This medication doesn't limit you in what anti-depressants you can take. The fentanyl patch can be sedating until you get used to it, so you may need to slowly increase on both medications until your body adapts. Please consult with your doctor before changing any medications.

isaacs 23 May 2017

If you have been on fentanyl for some time and are starting out with a antidepressant,
( I'm sure your Dr reviewed your med list) It will depend on how you feel or if you have any side effects and most likely blood tests results after you've been taking the anti depr., if any side effects the Dr may rx another antidepressant.
I just started on Paxil and it made me not want to do anything, it could have been the fentanyl with Paxil or the oxycodone with Paxil, took for 4 days for this side effect.
hope this helps alittle : )