I wanted to know all the possible side effects of zyrtec or cetrizine. Can anyone tell???
Zyrtec - most common side effects of Zyrtec in adults included:
* Drowsiness -- in up to 13.7% of people
* Fatigue -- up to 5.9%
* Dry mouth -- up to 5%
* Sore throat -- up to 2%
* Dizziness -- up to 2%.
In children, the most common side effects included:
* Headaches -- in up to 14% of children
* Sore throat -- up to 6.2%
* Abdominal pain (stomach pain) -- up to 5.6%
* Cough -- up to 4.4%
* Drowsiness -- up to 4.2%
* Nosebleeds -- up to 3.7%
* Diarrhea -- up to 3.1%.
Some side effects with Zyrtec, while occurring infrequently, are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to the doc/pharmacist. As with most recently approved non-prescription products, Zyrtec is usually safe to use and rarely causes serious side effects. These serious side effects include but are not limited to:
* Wheezing or other breathing problems
* Difficulty passing urine
* High blood pressure (hypertension)
* A rapid heart rate (tachycardia) or a feeling of a rapidly or forcefully beating heart (known as heart palpitations)
* An increase in liver enzymes
* Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
An unexplained rash; Hives; Itching; Unexplained swelling, especially of the lips, mouth, or throat.
Rare Zyrtec side effects occur in less than 2% of people taking the drug. Because these side effects are so uncommon, it is difficult to tell whether they are caused by Zyrtec or something else. These less common side effects include but are not limited to:
* Loss of appetite; * Flushing; * Migraines; * A spinning sensation (vertigo)
* Gas; * Hemorrhoids; * Bladder infection (urinary tract infection or UTI); * Ringing in the ear (tinnitus); * Ear infections; * Dehydration; * Arthritis; * Muscle pain; * Decreased sex drive; * Acne; * Hair loss; * Weight gain.
Hope the info helps?
- Zyrtec Information for Consumers
- Zyrtec Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Zyrtec (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 6 Mar 2010 • 1 answer
Posted 26 Dec 2010 • 2 answers
Posted 21 Jun 2011 • 2 answers
Posted 8 Jan 2014 • 1 answer
My 13 year old daughter took a clartin and a zyrtec..what are the side effects...they are both 10mg?
Posted 25 Mar 2016 • 1 answer