What category will suboxone show up as in a drug test?

mpvt 25 Feb 2010

Buprenorphine is a semi-synthetic opiate with partial agonist actions. It will test as a opiate/opioid... Dave

rgadkins 25 Feb 2010

I have been going to the methadone clinic for 5 years and have decided it it time to detox and was considering the use of Sub when I taper down low enough for the switch. I was just wanting to know how it would show up in a urinalysis so thank you for the info.

mpvt 25 Feb 2010

No problem! A lot of long term methadone patients have weened down to 30mgs and then made the jump to buprenorphine. The only thing that is a bit tough is you have to be at a 26 or higher on the COWS scale before you can start the suboxone. Which really means that you have to wait until you're in significant withdrawals before you start. If you try and jump over to some the partial agonist action of the buprenorphine will throw you into absolutely horrible precipitated withdrawals and believe me, you don't want to go through that. It makes heroin withdrawals a cake walk... Good luck... Dave