What can you take for tooth pain when you are pregnant without going to the doctor?

grey_cypress 26 Jul 2010

Tylenol, ibuprofin, aleve... uhhh. Pretty much any OTC pain reliever will do, but any kind of opioid isnt good, but you seem to know that.

Anonymous 26 Jul 2010

actually no grey,the only thing she can take for pain is tylonel. Iburofen and all the others are a class c drug.

midwestma 26 Jul 2010

chiles23,

You could try Ambesol Gel topical, or oragel topical gel, the same pain reliever we use on infants for teething pain. I have heard many folks using this as an alttenative to to regular pain, If you continue to have pain the Dentist can put a substance into your tooth that will last a long time to relieve the pain, I hope this heops
Bless

christineATU 26 Jul 2010

Midwestma is right. There is also a "tooth kit" you could buy that comes with a numbing agent, a temporary filler to cover the tooth with that also has a numbing agent in it. I hope you get relief soon!

Best wishes,
Chris

Congratulations too!!