i heard someone say her doctor asked if she ate a high sugar diet after discovering she had warts when she went for a check-up... and some people say sexual contact is not the only way to get it
Genital warts are a type of sexually transmitted disease (STD). The virus responsible for genital warts is called human papilloma virus (HPV).
Genital warts nearly always arise from direct skin to skin contact:
* Sexual contact. This is the most common way amongst adults.
* Oral sex. HPV appears to prefer the genital area to the mouth however.
* Vertical (mother to baby) transmission.
* Auto (self) inoculation from one site to another.
* Fomites (i.e. from objects like bath towels). It remains very controversial whether warts can spread this way.
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 30 Apr 2015 • 1 answer
Posted 10 May 2015 • 1 answer
Posted 15 Aug 2015 • 1 answer
Posted 5 Jun 2016 • 0 answers
Posted 18 Jan 2018 • 1 answer